Terms and conditions
ENERGY SURVEY TEST & COMPETITION: ELECTRICITY NORTH WEST
SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Below sets out the competition terms and conditions for Electricity North West's Energy Saving Test and Competition to win an energy efficient flat-screen TV and tablet. These shall be referred to as the "Terms".
ITEM 1: COMPETITION NAME
"Are you Switched On?" (the "Competition")
ITEM 2: WEBSITE
ITEM 3: COMPETITION START DATE AND FINISHING DATE
Start Date: 10/11/2017 at 00.00
End Date: 13/12/2017 at 23.59
Any entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date (for whatever reason) will be invalid.
ITEM 4: ENTRANT RESTRICTIONS
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over at the date of their entry.
- The Prize Provider is excluded from entering the Competition and their entries will not be considered.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
ITEM 5: ROUTES OF ENTRY AND COSTS
You can enter by:
- Free of charge on the Website by registering on the online entry form. (Registration to this competition will finish on Wednesday 13th December 23.59).
- The winner will be contacted via phone after the competition closes. (This is not a call in competition).
- The Promoter will not accept:
a.i. responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
a.ii. proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
b. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
ITEM 6: JUDGING DETAILS
- ll contestants will register via the 'Are You Switched On' competition page. Two overall external winners will be chosen – one for the Flat Screen TV and one for the Tablet, and two internal employees for Electricity North West will be chosen to win Flat Screen TV and one for the Tablet .
- After the campaign closes a winner who fulfils ITEM 5 and ITEM 6 will be chosen at random and contacted via phone. If the winner doesn't answer their phone, an email will be sent which will include a date to contact back by, if the designated winner does not contact back by the specified date the prize will become invalid and a new winner will be drawn.
- Electricity North West's decision is final.
ITEM 7: DRAW DETAILS
The winner(s) will be chosen by electronic random draw. Electricity North West's decision is final.
ITEM 8: WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
The winners will be contacted via telephone number provided at entry as soon as practicable after the competition closes. The winner(s) name are available on request within one month of the close date by emailing the contact details listed in item 13.
ITEM 9: PRIZE DETAILS
The following prices are available to be won as part of this Compeition:
- 1 x main external winner will receive an energy efficient flat screen television.
- 1 x external runner up will receive an energy efficient tablet computer.
- 1 x internal employee for Electricity North West will receive an energy efficient flat screen television.
- 1 x internal employee for Electricity North West will receive an energy efficient tablet computer.
This prize is not transferable and no other cash or prize alternative is available.
ITEM 10: PRIZE PROVIDER
Electricity North West (the "Prize Provider"). Please note that where prizes are provided by third parties, the prize may be subject to the terms and conditions of that third party.
ITEM 11: DATA PROTECTION
Entrants' personal data (including telephone numbers and addresses) will be collected by the Promoter and will be used to process entries. The Promoter will also provide winners' names and contact details to the Prize Provider, solely for the purpose of arranging delivery of the prize.
By entering the Competition, participants consent to the storage and processing of their personal data as described here, which shall be strictly in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation.
Personal data may remain stored by Electricity North West after the Competition has ended but will not be used for marketing purposes, unless the participant has consented to receive marketing communications.
ITEM 12: OTHER CONDITIONS
- Only entries received in accordance with these Terms will be accepted.
- Participants may enter the Competition more than once.
- The Promoter has the right to disqualify participants if it reasonably believes participants have breached any of the Terms.
- If there is any misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of the Competition, including the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by winner(s), or the operation of any technical/communications system, Electricity North West's decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into on this subject
- Electricity North West is not responsible for any costs associated with entering the Competition, including making phone calls or accessing the Website.
- Electricity North West reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this Competition if it is required to do so due to circumstances outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
ITEM 13: CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any concerns about how this competition has been run, you should email: Nicole.Kenny@enwl.co.uk or write to: Nicole Kenny, Electricity North West Ltd. 304 Bridgewater Place, Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6XG. A complaint will not be considered if it is made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
ITEM 14: LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.